HEALTH GUEST INFORMATION FOR THE WORLD HEALTH SUMMIT REGIONAL MEETING- AFRICA TO BE HELD ON 27TH– 30TH 2021 AT SPEKE RESORT MUNYONYO, KAMPALA UGANDA
Government of the Republic of Uganda will provide Emergency Medical Services to all delegates, both nationals and non-nationals and below are important guidelines for delegates;
- Standby Emergency Medical Services will be available at the main venue.
- Ambulance transportation and Hospitalization to an undesignated healthcare facility will be at the expense of the delegate.
- As with all international travel, it is strongly advised that guests are adequately covered by international health insurance for the duration of their stay in Uganda.
- Guests with chronic illnesses are further advised to bring along their medication. Should prescription medication be required; this service will be provided at the guest’s cost.
- Uganda is a Malaria Zone; delegates are advised to consult a doctor to prescribe the most appropriate Malaria prophylaxis.
- As per the International Health Regulations, airport Health Officers check for that on arrival, and also on exit. Passengers are required to get vaccination before they travel, for those who may not, they can get vaccination on arrival at the airport at $40.
- Delegates should confirm with their respective embassies to ascertain the coverage of the insurance companies in Uganda (as per the attached list of facilities and insurance services available).
Travelers’ Information the current COVID-19 outbreak in Uganda
- All travelers will be required to present their respective certificate for COVID-19 on arrival as per the international guidelines for travel
- All travelers shall be subjected to a GeneXpert test on arrival and those found Positive will immediately be isolated and followed up for 14 days. Ministry of Health will monitor them for signs and symptoms of the COVID-19 on a daily basis. After 14 days, quarantined persons will only be released by the surveillance officers upon certification that they are negative.
- All travelers arriving into the country will be required to provide their personal information including the home address, telephone numbers and the next of kin’s details for purposes of follow up by the health workers and immigration officers carrying out the screening.
- Ministry of Health appeals to the public and travelers to exercise discipline, care, compassion and responsibility when isolated. To follow the guidance given by the Ministry of Health so that we protect one another, protect the general public and the entire country and or region.
- Kampala District
Government Referral Hospitals
- Mulago National Referral Hospital
- Entebbe Referral Hospital
- Kiruddu Referral Hospital
- Uganda-China Friendship Referral Hospital, Naguru
For Delegates with medical insurance cover OR those that are willing to pay for the services
- Medipal International Hospital
- Victoria University Hospital
- International Hospital Kampala
- Nakasero Hospital
- The Surgery
FOR MORE INFORMTION PLEASE CONTACT THE HEALTH SUBCOMMITTEE:
Contacts: Dr. Wanaiaye John Baptist Tel. 256 +772 503598
Dr. Magoba David Tel. 256 +702 354011
Maria N. Nkalubo Tel: 256 +755 378085